We are seeking a motivated Technical Solutions Architect, a devoted problem solver responsible for the overall execution and organization of the development effort for various components of various technologies. The Technical Solutions Architect is responsible for making technologies and teams work together and, as a result, is a key role that contributes heavily to the success of any project. They transform the requirements into architecture and design documents used by the rest of the team to build the solution.
Technical Architects are also responsible for guiding the development team and obtaining buy-in and acceptance of the technical architecture. They understand and predict from afar how all the pieces will fit together and identify potential issues and risks early on to develop mitigation strategies and contingency plans. The successful candidate will have advanced communication and negotiation skills and an innate ability to simplify complex technical concepts and to plan, prioritize and seamlessly integrate all moving parts to deploy successful solutions.
- Own solutions and system integrations, working closely with vendors and internal teams
- Support existing and designed workflows, including the investigation into internal and external customer issues
- Suggest enhancements to existing to improve customer experience based on the investigation into customer issues.
- Analyze and evaluate business and technical requirements from RFP/BRD and architect and design the proposed technology solution.
- Producing architectural documents that define, describe, and specify solutions for committed projects using our core product as the foundational elements. Component diagrams and descriptions, sequence diagrams, and non-functional requirements are examples of the information expected in architectural documents.
- Responsible for delivering architecture material such as Software Architecture, Conceptual Architecture, Logical Architecture, System Architecture, Security Architecture, etc.
- Work closely with development teams and external vendors, leading the creation of high-level designs that realize solutions.
- Work closely with development and project managers to ensure successful delivery of solutions, focusing on ensuring that all committed customer requirements are met and implemented according to high-level design.
- Describe customer requirements and suggested enhancements to our core product teams to enable periodic integration of customer-specific solutions with the core products.
- Present the solution to delivery teams to ensure they understand the end-to-end solution and discover the feasibility of the solution
- Researching new technology and development approaches to remain abreast of current and emerging technologies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 3+ years experience in Software or Solution Architecture, Design, and Delivery of large-scale deployments
- 5+ years of experience in software development. (Java, C#, Gitlab, Maven/ANT, Veracode, Nexus, Sonarqube, Selenium, Cucumber, JUnit)
- 3+ yrs scripting in infrastructure automation tool and supporting code deployment (Terraform & Ansible, Chef, Juju, AWS CloudFormation)
- 2+ yrs Container application design and implementation.
- 2+ yrs of public cloud (AWS, Azure, SoftLayer).
- 2 years of experience in writing unit and integration tests
- Demonstrate understanding of Native, Hybrid, and Web mobile architectures
- Direct understanding of application lifecycle; SDLC and High availability and Sustained Resiliency
- Ability to consult and build CI/CD DevOps Pipelines (Gitlab CI)
- Demonstrate understanding of modern Web technologies, including widget development, mobile, and emerging digital platforms
- Operational experience, troubleshooting, and support, Incident Management (Jira, Service Now)
- Ability to analyze, articulate and solve complex problems
- Familiarity with various UML forms and expertise in developing use cases, class diagrams, and, occasionally, state diagrams.
- An excellent understanding of best practices across technologies (client/server-side, QA, deployment, project management, etc.)
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills are a must.
- Application Development
- Application Migration
- Solution Design
- Systems Analysis
- Cloud Computing
Build your career with us
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, EVOLVIC is at the center of this change, supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
Be part of building one of Montreal’s fast-growing independent technology and business services firms.
Learn more about EVOLVIC at www.evolvic.com.
EVOLVIC is an equal opportunity employer.