We are seeking a passionate, self-directed leader to join the team as a Product Owner (PO) who will report to the Senior Manager, Data Privacy. This seasoned leader has experience working with transformational change across multiple Business Units. As the voice of the customer, the PO will liaises with the Product Manager, Release Train Engineer and other PO’s and stakeholders to define the product roadmap, create the backlog and prioritize work within their area of responsibility.
- Manage the Product Backlog: Work with the Program Sponsor to develop and manage the product backlog through understanding of product vision and roadmap. Includes input from the Architect and other stakeholders
- Define Epics, Features and Stories: Provide clarifications necessary to assist the team with their story estimates and sequencing. Includes drafting the team’s specific objectives for the upcoming Program Increment (PI).
- Iteration Planning: The PO reviews and reprioritizes the backlog as part of the prep work for Iteration Planning, including coordination of dependencies with other POs. During the iteration planning meeting, the PO is the primary source for story detail and priorities and has the responsibility of accepting the final iteration plan.
- Accept stories: The PO will accept stories and confirm completion. This includes validation that the story meets acceptance criteria and has the appropriate, persistent acceptance tests, and that it otherwise complies with its Definition of Done (DoD). In so doing, the PO also assures a level of quality, focusing primarily on fitness for use.
- Understand enabler work: While POs are not expected to drive technological decisions, they will need to understand the scope of the upcoming enabler work and collaborate with the Architect to assist with the decision-making and sequencing of the critical technological infrastructures that will host the new business functionality.
- Participate in team demo and retrospective: As the person responsible for requirements, POs have an essential role in the team demo. They also participate in the Iteration Retrospective, where the teams gather to improve their processes and are active in the Agile Release Train’s (ART’s) Inspect and Adapt (I&A) workshop.
- Coordinating with other POs, PM & RTE: PO coordinates dependencies with other POs. This often occurs in the PO sync meetings. PO also supports RTE and Product Manager in aligning with PI objectives raising impediments and refining program backlog
- 5+ years of experience in product management / development or business development; experience in technology is an asset
- Experience with software development life cycle, applications release and change management processes.
- Experience working with Technical and support teams to promote code and configuration from lower technology environments to production environment
- Ability to embed privacy standards in the software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of Agile principles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science or relevant experience
- Project Management experience
- Knowledge of Data Privacy regulations, including PEPIDA, GDPR, Bill C-27 an asset
- Excellent verbal communication, presentation skills, and writing proficiency
- High energy, proactive and self-motivated, successful leading, and working across a matrix organization
- Ability to foster innovation and drive change
- Excel at presentations to internal audiences at various organizational levels
- Ambitious and passionate, always seeking a new opportunities and removing obstacles
- Ability to leverage financial data, analytics, and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making
- Familiarity with OneTrust, or any other privacy and/ or GRC tools is n asset
- Familiarity with JIRA, and Confluence would be an asset