Telecom has excellent opportunities to utilize Network Big Data, Orchestration, and Automation solutions to evolve network planning and operation and prepare for the future network.
We require a seasoned Data and AI professional to join a fast-growing team to design and develop data solutions to support our portfolio of services.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will lead in managing the microservices solutions in various containerization clusters for Telecom Networks.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Deploy, Support, and maintain containerized microservices and similar other development in Kubernetes systems, be a subject-matter expert.
- Working experience deploying, configuring, and managing Kubernetes clusters on-premises (bare-metal or VMs) and in the cloud (GKE).
- Create, evolve and maintain the containerized microservices features roadmap and architecture.
- Support Kubernetes environment growth by documenting, presenting, coaching, and evangelizing software development Tools and Practices to Bell teams.
- Understand software development approaches and support teams on methods to improve software quality and guidelines to ensure baseline performance objectives are met.
- Coach project teams on the technical practices necessary for agile software development, deployment, testing, and production release.
- Assisting community initiatives centered around sharing ideas, learning, common software projects, and best practices to engage collaboration between Bell team.
- Working with vendors to enhance our software development environment.
- Technology exploration with a focus on the DevOps ecosystem and software development practices.
- Good understanding of SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle), and DevOps, including deployment and maintenance processes.
- Maintain a constant relationship with external teams to understand their requirements and align roadmap and architecture.
- Innovation skills, including curiosity, agility, and strategic thinking.
- Understanding of the current state of infrastructure automation, CI-CD continuous integration/deployment, database, security, networking, and cloud-based delivery models.
- Ensure all system issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Create and follow up on the vendor’s incident ticket resolution.
- Keep management, team members, and business stakeholders informed of critical issues, status, changes, etc., using a proper notifications mechanism.
- Participate in an on-call rotation and available to work off-hours and weekends.
- Understand and support all aspects of Network Big Data, Orchestration, and Automation solutions delivery life cycle, including analysis, design, development, testing, and production deployment.
- Coordinate the necessary operations documentation and standards required for compliance and identify best practices.
- Perform all software upgrades and patching, collaborating with the necessary Infrastructure teams.
- Provide work estimates as needed.
- Facilitate and lead meetings with end users.
- Develop standardized practices for delivering new products and capabilities using Big Data technologies, including data acquisition, transformation, and analysis.
- Ensure Big Data practices integrate into overall data architectures and data management principles (e.g., data governance, data security, metadata, data quality).
- Create formal written deliverables and other documentation, and ensure designs, code, and documentation are aligned with enterprise direction, principles, and standards.
- Train and mentor teams in the use of the fundamental components in the Hadoop stack.
- Assist in the development of comprehensive and strategic business cases used at management and executive levels for funding and scoping decisions on Data solutions.
- Performance tuning of processes and applications.
- Interacting with senior technology leaders, managers and executives.
- Delivery of high-quality work on time and with little supervision.
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Computer Information Systems is required.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience managing, deploying and supporting microservices in a containerized environment on-premises and in the cloud.
- Working experience with Prometheus and Grafana.
- Senior Experience working in a DevOps role:
- Understanding and working experience in doing development in a complex and hybrid cloud environment.
- Experience with designing, building, operating, scaling, and maintaining large-scale Microservice APIs.
- Experience with a variety of API standards, including REST and SOAP/XML
- Experience designing and deploying microservices and platforms for developers, system integration, and administration.
- Proven experience in operational support of Linux OS.
- RedHat 6 or higher certified administrator preferred.
- JDBC and ODBC API.
- Ability to read/interpret Java.
- Working experience using Maven, Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform or other continuous integration tools.
- Good understanding of the various security levels and tools such as Active Directory, Centrify, Kerberos, Sentry, and Ranger.
- Strong knowledge of Agile project management methodologies/processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to make effective decisions while working through complex system issues.
- Able to identify and analyze complex problems, identify root cause, provide detailed descriptions and plans, and design and deliver workaround/solution.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with vendors, fellow employees, and management concerning major outages, critical issues, troubleshooting, and support resolutions.
- Attention to detail, good analytical and problem-solving skills, and critical thinking.
- Self-starter/motivator and have a proactive, agile, and strategic mindset.
- Must be able to utilize and effectively communicate functional and technical components of an initiative to applicable parties both verbally and through documentation.
- Ability to explain technical challenges and solutions to just about anyone, regardless of their background.
- Possess excellent communication and customer service skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrate the ability to organize, prioritize, plan and deliver your work and commitments in a timely manner.
- Initiate escalation as appropriate to ensure management awareness of problems that are severe in nature or that are exceeding documented targets.
- Provide status to customers of assigned support tickets.
- Familiarity working with NoSQL databases and unstructured/semi-structured data.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience working as part of large Information Technology teams and/or consulting organizations collaborating with clients/business groups to support complex Network Big Data, Orchestration, and Automation solutions.
- Experience working in the Telecommunications or Media industries is an asset.
- Working experience with the major cloud hyperscalers such as Google, Amazon, and Azure is a plus.
- Played a leading role in the delivery of multiple end-to-end projects using containerized microservices.
- Experience working with multiple clients and projects at a time.
- Comfortable interviewing non-technical people to gather/discuss requirements.
- Someone who Is quickly acquainted with new technologies, e.g., programming language, within 2-3 days.
- Wireless/Telecom Operations and Engineering business Knowledge, including a basic understanding of Radio Access, Core network, and Value-added Services technologies and configurations.
- Certifications: Linux Administrator, OpenShift, OpenStack, Kubernetes, Azure.
- Bilingual French and English an asset.
- Agile Requirements Engineering
- Applications Administration
- Continuous Integration
- DevOps Engineering
Build your career with us
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, EVOLVIC is at the center of this change, supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
Be part of building one of Montreal’s fast-growing independent technology and business services firms.
Learn more about EVOLVIC at www.evolvic.com.
EVOLVIC is an equal opportunity employer.