This role is responsible for working with project, program, and/or portfolio teams within the CLIENT’s IT Delivery organization to guide and support the best practices in delivering customer-centered innovative solutions.
The individual needs to be a well-rounded practitioner that would introduce Agile and Lean with leadership advising, training, hands-on coaching, and working side-by-side with Agile Program members to guide them through the transformation. A significant portion of this will be influencing and driving change within a bi-model (combination of Agile and Waterfall) organization as part of the transformation team, reporting to DevOps and Quality (DOQ) Team.
The role would have specific targets set for improving agile project, program, and/or portfolio’s capability, agility, and agile health and maturity.
Responsibilities as an Agile Transformation Coach:
- Act as a change agent and part of the Coaches’ team, leading and supporting teams and individuals in their Agile and Lean journey. Be able to make decisions and independently drive any aspect of rollout at a team and management level.
- Orchestrate transition to Agile and Lean for a large organization as part of the Agile/Lean Coaching team. Act as a liaison with the Lines of Business. Build trust with the business and throughout the organization.
- Assess the current state & delivery environment for an existing Program or Project. Design a Lean-Agile implementation roadmap.
- Assist in determining how to optimize the CLIENT’s Agile Framework (based on SAFe ) for an existing team or program.
- Ensure cross-value stream coordination and collaboration, drive the highest productivity, and better predictability of delivery across the organization. Foster innovation and encourage continuous improvement
- Advise on dependency management techniques between internal teams and third parties, release managers, or between Agile teams.
- Actively build and contribute to the company’s Agile and Lean Community, develop Communities of Practice, and mentor agile practitioners. Provide training and coaching throughout the organization.
- Support Agile teams in their development and in establishing consistent best practices. Collaborate with non-Agile team, educate and support them throughout the transformation. Define relevant metrics that help the program see how they are doing.
- Inspire all stakeholders at any level in their agile transition. Develop, coach, and mentor team members to advance their skills and career.
- Leading workshops to assess agile program health and maturity, helping build improvement plans.
- Work with metrics group in publishing management dashboards on the agile portfolio, program, and team metrics.
- Promoting the use of an enterprise standard Agile/ DevOps toolset and work to help continuously improve it.
Foundational Skills, Knowledge, and Qualities
- Certified SPC
- Deep understanding of SAFe, Lean, and Agile values, principles, practices, and mindsets
- Professional coaching and active listening techniques
- Organizational change patterns and anti-patterns
- Software product envisioning approaches while having customers in mind
- Incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Fundamentals of software development processes and procedures, as well as modern technologies
- Lean startup and lean product development
- Innovation principles and mindset
- Able to effectively teach certified SAFe classes from the Scaled Agile as an SPC.
- Servant Leader – Must be able to garner respect from his/her team and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done
- Communicative and social – Must be able to communicate well with teams and team members
- Facilitative – Must be able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team
- Enthusiastic – Must be high-energy
- Lifelong learner – Have a thirst to continually grow ones craft, learn new tools and techniques, and influence/coach others to create a learning organization
- Conflict resolution – Must be able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
- Attitude of empowerment – Must be able to lead a team to self-organization
- Attitude of transparency – Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about development and grow business trust.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience acting as an Agile Coach at a scaled Level.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant lean-agile coaching experience
- A minimum of 10 years experience in the software industry
- 1+ years of experience working on large-scale, multi-team agile initiatives
- 1+ years of experience working on a mixed methodology program (Scrum interfacing with Waterfall from a dependency perspective)
- 1+ years of experience working with distributed teams, including vendors
- Experience performing the majority of roles in a traditional software development lifecycle.
- Experience with Agile tools such as Jira and Confluence etc.
- Experience with, or deep understanding of, DevOps is a definite plus
- Client Management
- Issue Management
- Scrum Master
Build your career with us
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, EVOLVIC is at the center of this change, supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
Be part of building one of Montreal’s fast-growing independent technology and business services firms.
Learn more about EVOLVIC at www.evolvic.com.
EVOLVIC is an equal opportunity employer.